Q: I've tried several times to install a program, however, I always received the following error message "Cannot find [PATH]\DINPUT8.dll" Some friends told me to download a new DINPUT8.dll files. But I still got the same message. I don't know if I have done the right thing. How should I do? Thanks. Vickie
A: Hi, in fact, It is possible to fix DINPUT8.dll if you have tried the below method.
At times, a newly installed program might be the main reasion of DINPUT8.dll missing error. Once you uninstalled the software, DINPUT8.dll issues will be solved with ease. Before uninstalling the program, do a clean boot for your PC is highly recommended!
Do a complete clean for your PC (win7 or vista)
1. You must log on your computer with administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Troubleshoot DINPUT8.dll Error Manually.
Step One: Download DINPUT8.dll Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the DINPUT8.dll file is damaged. Restart your PC and see if it works.
Step Three: If the DINPUT8.dll missing error still occurs, you had better run a SFC for your system In most cases, SFC is able to hunt for the damaged DINPUT8.dll system files for you, and troubleshoot it directly.
Guide to Using SmartPCFixer
1. Free Download SmartPCFixer Now!
2. Click "Save Files" to install the application.
3. Double click Setup files complete SmartPCFixer installation process.
4. Choose the language of your country.
5. Clicking the "Next" button to complete the process.
6. Click "Finish" button.
7. Launch SmartPCFixer and Run a complete scan for your computer.
Read More:What is LOGGER.dll and How to Fix LOGGER.dll Error,FFUPROVIDER.dll is Missing from Your Computer?, Try SmartPCFixer,How Do I Fix ATL90.dll Error